Friday, March 5, 2010

Ice Alaska 2010 -- Part I



Here are a couple pictures of some single block sculptures. Multi-block wasn't finished yet but we had the chance to photograph some of the work in process.

Thank you to my trusty and creative assistant (smiles and hugs here), Ti, for showing me that the work in progress can be more fascinating than the finished project! Whoudda thunk.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting photos that tell the story--well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work speaks for itself, Maestro.

    It was an honor to accompany you- I can't wait til we do it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are absolutely amazing! I love the lighting.

    I'm hoping there is a Part II because I'd love to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs of beautiful art. The whole gestalt of ice sculpture is amazing. It boggles to consider someone creating such beautiful pieces knowing all the while that their art can be only temporary, here, then gone. I have the same sort of wonderment about the artists who do magical things with chalk on a sidewalk. It takes a special person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tea: oh, there will totally be a Part Deux. I will shoulder the gear and escort PJ back for the finale, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nessa: Love your Flash 55-Earthquake posting!

    Tea: Most definitely Part Deux will post by this time next week, if not sooner with daylight pics.

    Ti: Load up the sled, backpacks, thermos and snackage and off we go, right? We're packing more gear for an in-town excursion as for hiking!

    PattiKen: I never thought about the temporariness of the beauty. Makes it even more inspiring. Hmm, maybe another chapter to photograph as well.

    ReplyDelete